So...I was thinking I should start the blog with a little bit of info about me, so here goes.
1. My name is Sarah Elizabeth and I am 30 years old.
2. I have one sister. We are as different as two people can be, but as adults we have discovered that we are great friends.
3. I am an adult child of divorce. My parents separated when I was almost 29 years old. I have a lot to say about that. A lot. For now, I will say that it has greatly changed the path of my own life, changed the way I view the world and relationships, and dare I say it...I think in the long run will be a blessing for me and my family. Sometimes it takes some nasty pain to grow.
4. The only reason I can look at #3 the way I do is because I spent a great deal of time on a couch. I am pro therapy. Everyone should do it. I truly believe working on oneself actively is a huge key to happiness.
5. I do not like the victim mentality. I believe we are all able to control our own happiness through work and proper changes to our lifestyle. Life does not happen to me, I happen to it!
6. I love dogs and always intend to have them in my home. I just don't always love the dogs I have...Max, a 7 year old, 7lb Yorkie-poo who has an attitude problem best illustrated by the fact that he pees on other dogs' heads when they annoy him. Maggie--a 1.5 year old psycho mutt. My sister rescued her from God knows where and I....well, rescued her from my sister. She is on anxiety pills, is quite destructive, afraid of EVERYONE and everything but I don't get rid of her because she is sweet. I can't imagine there will ever be anything that loves me more than Maggie loves me. She gets peed on by Max a lot.
7. I am single as in not married, but not single as in not dating someone. Since the end of 2009 I have been dating Matt. I will spare you all a list of the reasons why I love him, that would just cause people to throw up in their mouths a little. I will say this....he is hands down one of the best people I have ever known. He makes me laugh a hundred times a day and he works hard to communicate with me. For that, I am thankful every single day that he came into my life at a dark time for me, and even more thankful that my best friend told me to get my head out of my ass and go for it with him.
8. I would rather spend every extra penny I have on traveling than on things like clothes, shoes, purses, fancy cars, houses, etc. I LOVE to travel and have high hopes of seeing more of the world throughout my life.
9. I used to be quite overweight and still struggle everyday not to see myself as a fat person.
10. I love to eat...especially pizza. I love to cook and try new things. I am a total foodie. See...#9, now you know why!
11. I also have learned to love to exercise. Preferably outside. I love hiking more than anything, I find peace wondering a trail. I also love yoga and will be forever grateful to the practice for keeping me sane during 2009. I also like to swim and ride a bike. Do not like to run. Yuck.
12. I have 2 tattoos. When most people were busy getting drunk and hooking up in college, the craziest thing I ever did was permanently some flowers on my lower back...aka, the tramp stamp. My dad told me I was an idiot and my mom had to lie down and put a cloth on her head. I have heard a rumor that my dad now has a tattoo too....hmmmm....ironic? Tattoo #2 came on a lonely, sad night 3 weeks after my parents separated. It is the symbol for Om. In that moment I did not think there was any other way to achieve balance than tattooing its symbol on my body. I should probably learn how to deal with stress better than inking my skin! Oh well!
13. I am Type A...borderline on sometimes too anal and sometimes OCD. Case in point, this blog. Spent about 3 hours yesterday looking at Blogger and Wordpress, stressing out about format. Why?? Who the hell knows. It is a freaking blog that no one is making me do. Hell, I don't know if anyone will even read it. I can be a real freak sometimes.
14. I love music..just about any and all music.
15. I work at my family's business. That can be a good and a bad thing. Overall, I love it and it has given me the lifestyle I want.
16. I used to work in politics. I left because I didn't feel passionate about the cause. I felt like I didn't have a home as a social liberal but a fiscal conservative. I lost repect for the GOP b/c I felt they were too focused on other people's business...ie: who sleeps with who and what women decide to do with their bodies.
17. I love to read, but don't have enough time to do it.
18. I hope to be a mom someday, but need to get over my aversion to pregnancy. I find it weird. Ever since I saw my little cousin's hand through my aunt's belly I have been all freaked out alien style. I have issues.
19. I like swear words.
20. I have always daydreamed about being an author. I would love to write some sort of real life, humor book. Think Eat, Pray, Love, but funny and not full of self indulgent bullshit. Maybe this blog will be a start on the way to realizing that dream.
Love you Sarah!! All 20 of these things are just SOME of the reasons why I love you and you've been my friend since we were 12!!
ReplyDeleteLove you back! You are my first "follower" Whoo hoo!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU! And I'll read. All the time.
ReplyDeleteI have something to say about every single thing you listed. Go figure. But I won't. Except for the tattoo...that you told me you were going to get. Over FB chat. While I was in Dubai.
I love you for who you are more than you know.
You can write about Matt, BTW. I would puke in mouth, but I also like Matt, so I'd swallow it down. Just 'cause I'm that kind of friend.
xo
Hi Sarah! Nice to "meet you"! I like swear words and food too!Oh and Laura, great to know that you swallow...
ReplyDeleteYou already knew that, Kelley. Try to act all surprised...
ReplyDeleteAnother new post, please! Kelley promises not to taint it with her foul thoughts...and I promise not to participate. xo
ReplyDeleteWoa...good thing I just realized how to view new comments like 3 days after you wrote this. Nice to meet you too Kelley! Laura, I have nothing to say about these "habits" of yours. J/K :-)
ReplyDelete